Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

January Favorites

I'm trying not to buy as much stuff this year (very challenging though), but here are some things that I have tried and liked, as far as makeup and snacks. And I'll tell you why there's an I Heart NY symbol:


1. MAC Studio Fix+ Powder Foundation: Cecilio got this for me for Christmas. This is hands down the best powder foundation I have ever used. I have dry skin, especially since it's winter, and this is a matte finish but it looks so beautiful on my skin provided that I moisturize beforehand. I like wearing this when I'm in a hurry. Too bad I can't put cream blush over it. 

2. IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Vol. 1 Palette: My mom got me a $50 Ulta gift card for Christmas so I ordered this online. This is an all matte palette which is pretty hard to find. Well, the bigger shade is the transforming pearl to layer if you want a teeny bit of glimmer. This is cruelty-free and the shades are so buttery and pigmented. It's extremely versatile to use. You can read my full review here.

3. Trader Joes Sweet Sriracha Uncured Bacon Jerky: So delicious, and not cheap either at $5.99 at Trader Joes. If you can handle the heat and are a big fan of Sriracha, go get it! I have some downstairs right now...debating right now whether I should open it...

4. Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream: I tried this last year and at first I wasn't a huge fan. But for some reason I decided to give it another chance. It's super moisturizing. It is a light finish but I like that because I don't always like feeling caked on. My skin looks and feels dewy. I almost wanted to get the Dream Pure BB cream but that is mostly for oily skin and has no SPF (which is extremely important especially for us with lupus, and BB creams are the only way I put SPF on my face unless and I'm at the pool or beach during summer) You do get a bang for your buck here for $7. I've been interested in Korean BB creams, and yes it's said that Western BB creams are just tinted moisturizers, but for some reason this is a keeper for me. Coupled with my MUFE HD cream blush, I have that natural "no makeup" look going on.

5. MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus: Can I rave about how much I love this color? And this is my first Viva Glam product by MAC. When you buy the lipstick, it goes to MAC's fund for helping people with HIV/AIDS. How cool is that? Feel pretty, do good. My full review is here, and I am wearing the Maybelline BB Cream in my pictures.

6. Cover Girl Full Lash Mascara: This mascara lengthens and doesn't clump too much. Plus it's endorsed by Katy Perry. This one is more for a natural look. This will be a keeper of mine for the next 3 months.

7. Trader Joes Pfeffernüsse Cookies: These are German Spice cookies. The name literally means "pepper nuts". It's powdered on the outside, and on the inside it is made with cinnamon and ginger (2 spices I absolutely love on my baked goods). So delicious! This is a holiday treat. I bought this a couple of weeks ago so I don't know if it's still in stock. Next time December rolls around I recommend this! I love this with coffee!

8. Last but not least...New York: I like the I Heart New York sign because it was designed by Milton Glaser, one of my favorite graphic designers I learned about throughout my education. Cecilio and I booked a trip there for March during my spring break! We are staying in Dumont Hotel which is walking distance from Grand Central Terminal. All I can say is that we are super excited. I've been there with my mom in 2009 but Cecilio has never been so he is really excited and I am happy for him too. We are going to go on the Staten Island Ferry, go to a few museums (MoMA and Museum of Natural History), chill at Central Park, eat lots of pizza and drink local coffee, watch a Broadway show, and many more I can think of. 2 more months!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar