Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

PFW AW20: Elie Saab

Elie Saab - High End Lady Fashion

Much like the Ralph & Russo runway and the Giambattista Valli runway, Elie Saab is always a treat for the eyes. I always used to see pictures of outfits from the Elie Saab couture and fall in love with it instantly as they are some of the most exquisitely detailed dress designs to make it down the runway. Obviously Ready-to-Wear is not going to have quite this level of craftsmanship as it is intended to be more commercial than Couture but that doesn't make it any less special.

The Ready-to-Wear collection is typically a perfect balance between more wearable pieces with a few red carpet gowns thrown in to really show the wonder of the brand.

Picture from Vogue


Autumn/Winter 2020

Looking at this seasons runway I feel so inspired as it is such a gorgeous collection of clothes. There was so much to love looking at this runway and there were plenty of trends that we have already seen on the Paris Fashion Week runway. The runway started with a very elite looking business formal which very much reminded me of elements of the Emporio Armani runway from this season. There were so many different elements of the outfits that matched.

Elie Saab also used neck ties and pussy bows which has been a big theme this season with Armani, Saint Laurent and Tom Ford decorating outfits with this design detail. It adds femininity to an outfits which can be seen as lacking it in some ways. They are often paired with these oversized granddad blazers which I love and I have to say all of these outfits have given me major ideas for my work wardrobe. 

Picture from Vogue

As well as the bow details and these strong, slightly oversized blazers; there is also a lot of houndstooth and lace throughout the runway. Obviously lace is a popular choice every season but houndstooth is definitely a little bit more trendy and this season it is certainly seeing a lot of use. I haven't always loved houndstooth but recently I have been wearing it a lot so I am pleased that it is going to be in next A/W. 

Moving onto the lace dresses which are always some of my favourites from Elie Saab. This season some of the lace dresses are my favourites I've seen, I mean look at the red dress in the picture above. You have the bow detail, big shoulders but this highly feminine shape and absolutely stunning colour. As well as lace there is a lot of mesh and organza this season. There are a lot of mesh sleeves which is a style I love and I actually bought a top like this which I purchased from Zara recently.

Picture from Vogue

The details and the fabrics are the most gorgeous parts of the Elie Saab runway. There are such intricate designs throughout the show. There are a lot of embellishments, feathers and such. These details are what makes the outfits so stunning and displays a real craftsmanship. This season there hasn't been that many details, instead brands have opted for more basic looks. I love that Elie Saab have stuck to their brand and their intricate designs. 

Even though Elie Saab have stuck to their incredible designs, the colour scheme fits in with some of what we have already seen from Fashion Month. I have chosen to include pictures of mostly black outfits but that is simply down to it being what I like. However there were a few outfits which were red, some which were emerald green and some rich blue. Emporio Armani had exactly the same colour scheme so these are definitely the colours you need to be looking at for A/W 2020.

Picture from Vogue

Towards the end of this runway we saw some of the more evening wear pieces and they are as dramatic as you would expect. My favourite dresses/outfits from this section are of course, all black but there was a bit of royal blue and green included on the runway but these included a lot of volume and ruffles.

Even though the black outfits would sound a bit boring, these dresses are anything but boring. I mean look at the gown in the picture above, what an amazing red carpet dress. The basic lace dress is stunning on its own but then you have this strong train which helps to emphasise the waist and add strength.  I like the minimal bodice underneath the lace dress and the train, and it does remind me of the classic Dior mesh dress with the Dior underwear underneath. 

These dresses are so sexy; the lace is gorgeous, the hem lines are short and the trains only help to add drama. I love drama within outfits and these dresses are the epitome of drama. I adore tulle and organza, plus a polka dot print, sign me up huns. I actually have a top which is reminiscent of this dress below which is from The Kooples but I think I might need to get a dress like the one below, I might ditch the train though.

Picture from Vogue

Based on This Runway, What Should You Add to Your A/W Wardrobe?

Houndstooth - Let's face it, based on A/W 2020, if you are not buying houndstooth printed tailored pieces then you are making a big mistake. It feels like houndstooth has been a part of every single runway I have looked at.

Tulle Skirts - Tulle is often associated with a younger audience but over the years it has been reclaimed by the fashion elite and Elie Saab certainly used it within this runway.

Tailored Trousers and Organza Tops - Evening gowns aside, there are some stunning organza tops or tops with organza sleeves and some stunning tailored trousers. This is the office uniform we should all be wearing.

Red, Blue and Green - Spring was all about colour but A/W was not so much however there are some bold reds, greens and blues on this runway. I love the red used in this runway as it is quite deep and rich. The blue is quite rich and bright whereas the green is an emerald green and it is gorgeous.

Picture from Vogue

If you want to see more of the Elie Saab runway, here is a link to the full collection on Vogue: Elie Saab Autumn/Winter 2020 Ready-to-Wear Collection

You might also like:


Ralph & Russo
Balmain AW20
Off-White AW20
Saint Laurent
Dior AW20













Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar